Private cooking classes
Learning by doing – and having fun!
Do you eat out – or take out – more than twice a week? Would you like to cook more meals from scratch, but lack time and culinary confidence? Do you want to eat a more nutritious diet? Do you want/need to eat a special diet? (E.g., Gluten-free, low-FODMAP, paleo, keto/low-carb/paleo, elimination diet, etc.)?
If so, I will teach you how to cook simple, healthy meals – tailored to your dietary needs – in the comfort of your home. This is fun and educational, and can include friends and family members.
I am a seasoned cook and recipe writer (I have published two cookbooks), and al my dishes combine healthfulness with deliciousness. (See some pictures of my meals here.)
Here’s how it works:
- We set a date for the class by email and schedule a Skype call to discuss your requirements.
- During the call, you explain your dietary needs or thematic interests, and I send you recipe suggestions.
- Based on the recipes we have agreed, I email you a shopping list and you buy the necessary ingredients (if you aren’t sure what to buy, or where, you can book a personalized shopping trip with me [LINK to guided shopping trips in coaching section]).
- I come to your house and we cook together; while we cook, I show you healthy cooking techniques and explain the nutritional properties of the foods we are preparing.
- Once the dishes are ready, you can sit down to a relaxed family meal – or if you prefer, refrigerate or freeze the dishes for another time.
Number of participants: Maximum 8; children over age 8 are welcome, but must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times
Timing: Minimum 3 hours
Cost: $120/hour spent cooking together
- Time spent ahead of the class discussing content, agreeing recipes and writing up a shopping list
- A print-out of the recipes we cook together, for you to keep
- My travel expenses (if you live more than 20-miles from central Boulder)