If you already eat a nutritious diet but want to make adjustments to optimize it, this short, intense program is for you. It’s designed for concerns such as:
- Borderline lab test results: Moderately elevated blood pressure, pre-diabetes, slightly imbalanced blood lipids, etc.
- Help starting a special diet: Gluten-free, ketogenic, low-FODMAP, Whole30, elimination diet, etc.
- Pre-habilitation coaching: For people preparing for surgery, cancer treatment, etc.
- Rehabilitation coaching: For people recovering from surgery, cancer treatment, prolonged illness, etc.
- Preventing chronic disease: For healthy people wishing to reduce their risk of developing cardiovascular, diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s, etc. (Especially if you have a family history of these diseases.)
- Athletic performance: For people wishing to optimize pre- and post-workout nutrition.
Before we begin the "Mediterranean Turbocharge" program, we meet for a 90-minute Nutrition Evaluation to discuss your medical history, lifestyle, diet and health issues. (Sign up for your nutritional evaluation here.) This is followed three coaching sessions to help you integrate and fine-tune my recommendations.
Session 1: Getting Started (90 minutes). We set goals based on your Nutrition Evaluation (for example, "reduce carbs," "increase protein intake," "eat more healthy fats,"), create your online food journal and design a one-week meal plan customized to your health goals.
Session 2: Fine Tuning OR Grocery Shopping (90 minutes). Your choice: EITHER we meet at my office to review your food journal, discuss any challenges you might have experienced and design another week's meals OR we meet at a supermarket for a guided shopping trip. (Find out about guided shopping trips here.)
Session 3: The Way Forward (50 minutes). Once you’ve eaten this way for a few weeks, we meet again to fine-tune and troubleshoot where necessary and design a plan for you going forward.
This program includes:
- A copy of my book, Zest for Life
- Handouts and recipes
- Weekly homework assignments to help you apply what you have learned
- Feedback on your online food journal between sessions
Sessions are held in person at my Boulder or Denver offices or via video conference.