Short-Term Coaching for Specific Concerns
Not everyone needs long-term nutritional support. Some people just want to make a few tweaks to their already healthy diet; others need dietary guidance to help them prepare for — or recover from — medical treatments or other special circumstances. Others simply want a nutrition audit to help them identify any areas of their diet that might need improving.
If you are…
- preparing for / recovering from cancer treatment, or needing help with nutritional complications of cancer treatment (e.g. diarrhea, nausea, weight loss, constipation, etc.)
- starting a therapeutic diet your doctor has ordered (for example, gluten-free, low-FODMAP, soft-food, keto)
- a couple preparing for pregnancy (diet and lifestyle have been shown to improve fertility and enhance the chances of a smooth pregnancy and healthy baby)
- someone with a family history of disease (for instance, diabetes, heart disease, cancer or Alzheimer’s disease) wishing to reduce your disease risk by optimizing your diet
- interested in learning how to meet your body’s nutritional needs and avoid deficiencies (for instance, vegetarians, athletes, teenagers, college students, etc.)
… then this coaching program is for you.
We’ll meet for four hours broken down into three sessions (90 + 90 + 60 minutes) over a period of 4-6 weeks.
- Our first meeting is an 90-minute intake session during which we look at your medical history, labs & health challenges; I explain the principles of the Modern Mediterranean diet and provide dietary recommendations tailored to your specific needs.
- At our second meeting (90 minutes) we design a meal plan for you that includes recipes, shopping and cooking tips.
- At our final session (60 minutes) we fine-tune your dietary program, trouble-shoot any issues that may have come up for you and tie up loose ends.
Meetings take place in person at my Boulder or Denver offices, or by video-conferencing on Zoom (or a combination of all three).