Short-Term Coaching for Specific Concerns
Not everyone needs long-term nutritional support. Some people just want to make a few tweaks to their already healthy diet; others need dietary guidance to help them prepare for — or recover from — medical treatments or other special circumstances. Others, again, simply want a “nutrition audit” to show them which aspects of their diet are healthy, and which might need improving.
This short-term coaching program is designed for:
- Anyone preparing for / recovering from cancer treatment, or needing help with nutritional complications of cancer treatment (e.g. diarrhea, nausea, weight loss, constipation, etc.)
- Someone starting a therapeutic diet their doctor has ordered (for example, gluten-free, low-FODMAP, soft-food, keto)
- A couple preparing for pregnancy (diet and lifestyle have been shown to improve fertility and enhance the chances of a smooth pregnancy and healthy baby)
- Someone with a family history of disease (for instance, diabetes, heart disease, cancer or Alzheimer’s disease) wishing to reduce their disease risk by optimizing their diet
- Anyone wishing to learn how to meet their body’s nutritional needs and avoid deficiencies (for instance, vegetarians, athletes, teenagers, college students, etc.)
The program totals four hours broken down into three sessions (90 + 90 + 60 minutes) and takes about a month to complete.
- Our first meeting is an 90-minute intake session during which we look at your medical history, labs & health challenges; I explain the principles of the Modern Mediterranean diet and issue dietary recommendations tailored to your needs.
- At our second meeting (90 minutes) we design a meal plan for you that includes recipes, shopping and cooking tips.
- At our final session (60 minutes) we fine-tune your dietary program, trouble-shoot any issues that may have come up for you and tie up loose ends.
Meetings take place in person at my Boulder or Denver offices or by video-conferencing (or a combination of all three).