Most individuals seeking my guidance want to work on complex health challenges that have unfolded over many years, such as:
- Metabolic syndrome, a cluster of symptoms including (pre-)diabetes, imbalanced blood lipids, hypertension, fatty liver, etc.
- Digestive problems, such as irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, acid reflux, bloating, etc.
- Cancer risk factors such as insulin resistance, a genetic predisposition, or a prior history of cancer
- Bone & joint issues like osteopenia, osteoporosis, arthritis, healing after injury/surgery
- Compromised immune function, including autoimmune conditions
- Fatigue, low energy levels, cravings
- Mood issues (like depression or anxiety, etc.) or cognitive decline
My approach to these conditions is anchored in the traditional Mediterranean way of eating and living, which I tailor to each client according to their unique personal and biochemical requirements. I offer caring, evidence-based support, emphasizing the healing power of nourishing food, restorative physical activity, restful sleep, a healthy circadian rhythm, and stress management tools.
Give It Time
Rather than offering quick fixes, I believe in guiding you toward gradual, sustainable changes. Transforming the way you eat, move, sleep, and live is a journey that requires patience, curiosity, and kindness to yourself.
We begin with an in-depth assessment of your medical history, health status, and dietary and lifestyle habits.
Next, we formulate achievable goals based on your needs and values and create a personalized action plan that introduces simple and gradual changes.
This is followed by an open-ended coaching process to help you implement these changes one by one. Because it can be hard to change long-standing habits, we approach any resistance that may arise with curiosity and kindness. And if you have a history of yo-yo dieting or food anxiety, we work on healing your relationship with food and with your body.
Our sessions become a collaborative space in which you learn about behaviors -- nutritional and non-nutritional -- to support your health and easy, enjoyable ways to integrate these into your life. Between sessions, simple assignments help you practice these new skills.
Would you like to meet with me before you commit? Ask me how I work? Discuss payment plans or my sliding fee scale? If so, click the button below to schedule a free 30-minute Discovery Call with me on Zoom.
Before starting to work with me, please ask your doctor to clear you for nutrition and lifestyle changes.